Role: Director, Professional
Development and Programs
Main role responsibilities
- Ensures a relevant program/event is held on a regular basis (monthly)
- Administers program events within budget and audit income/expenses monthly to ensure chapter's sound financial status.
- Provide relevant and engaging programming for members
- Evaluates membership feedback and survey results to identify program topic interests
- Uses ATD Competency Model for professional development program planning and assessment
- Manages Request for Proposal (RFP) process to attract and secure speakers who address the concerns and interests of the membership
- Secures locations and coordinates logistics for meetings
- Collects and reports on participant feedback of programs, and uses feedback to plan future events
- Reports programs metrics to Board, including: participation, feedback, revenue, and expenses
- Provides meeting details, including speaker’s biography for chapter website and/or newsletter.
- Contributes to digital content in alignment with programming
Succession and Recruitment
- Recruits and trains incoming Director of Programs and events and makes recommendation to him/her regarding future speakers, topics, etc.
- Recruits and trains Associate Director and volunteers to support program functions.
- Attends board meetings, chapter programs, and regular committee meetings.
- Represents the chapter professionally and ethically
- Attends ATD International Conference and ATD Chapter Leadership Conference (ALC) whenever possible
Skills and Qualifications
- Required: Power Member of ATD (chapter + national)
- Skilled in written and verbal communication, personal interaction, and problem-solving
- Ability to plan, organize, and execute activities as required by the position
- Ability to complete projects within established timeframes
- Ability to delegate tasks and monitor follow-through
- Ability to attract and lead committee members
- Time available to fully participate in chapter events
- Willingness to advocate for the chapter
- Ability to seek others out as volunteers
Responsibilities as Board Member
- 2 year role
- Coordinate and attend Chapter programs
- Attend at least 8 of 10 board meetings annually -- most board meetings are virtual
- Recruit and train replacement
You'll work with the Directors of Membership and Volunteers most closely .
What Your Year Looks Like
Your year will be tied to the cadence of chapter events: RFP process generally commences in the fall with program program scheduling and logistics organization throughout. Programs should be determined at least one quarter ahead.