Role: Director, Technology
Main role responsibilities
- Support board and chapter functions by providing web pages, publishing interface, surveys, discussions, webinars, online-forms, e-commerce and other features as appropriate
- Administer website hosting (Wild Apricot) and registration (GoDaddy)
- Maintain Home page, update as needed, and provide help in accessing and navigating website
- Support onboarding of new chapter leaders in accessing and navigating Wild Apricot, the Google Suite, and Slack. This includes training and administration of usernames, passwords, permissions.
- Design annual budget for technology function; audit income/expenses monthly to ensure chapter's sound financial status
- Research, develop, and facilitate the sourcing of new ideas and concepts for using technological innovation to deliver enhanced services to members.
Succession and Recruitment
- Recruits and trains volunteers to support technology needs.
- Partners with other committees (Marketing, Programs, Community Relations, Volunteers) to provide technology and digital support to achieve objectives
- Attends and participates in monthly board meetings and chapter programs
- Participates in other chapter events, committee meetings, and conferences as available
- Represents chapter professionally and ethically in all business functions/organizational activities
Skills and Qualifications
- Required: Power Member of ATD (chapter + national)
- Solid information technology experience and social media skills
- Ability to learn ATD VOS technology and digital platforms
- Skilled in written and verbal communication, personal interaction, and problem-solving
- Ability to plan, organize and execute activities as required by the position
- Ability to complete projects within established timeframes
- Ability to delegate tasks and monitor follow-through
- Has a willingness to advocate the chapter
- Ability to seek others out as volunteers
Responsibilities as Board Member
- 2 year role
- Coordinate and attend Chapter programs
- Attend at least 8 of 10 board meetings annually -- most board meetings are virtual
- Recruit and train replacement
You'll work with the President, Project Manager/Secretary, and Directors of Membership and Professional Development & Programs most closely .