Role: Director, Professional Certification
The Director of Professional Certification is a non-voting member of the ATD Valley of the Sun Chapter and leads the Certifications Study Groups. This group is for members that seek to further their professional development by obtaining the Certified Professional in Learning and Performance (CPLP) certification or Associate Professional in Talent Development (APTD) certification provided by the ATD Certification Institute.
Primary Responsibilities and Deliverables
- Has ability to comprehend and communicate key points of the CPLP certification program
- Coordinates and schedules regular study groups (& other resources) for interested members
- Works with other ATD-VOS Board members to recognize members in the state of Arizona who attain CPLP and APTD certification
- Coaches certification applicants through all steps of the CPLP and APTD process
- Attends board meetings, chapter programs, and regular committee meetings.
- Represents the chapter professionally and ethically
Requirements and Qualifications
- Member in good standing with Chapter and, upon election, National ATD
- Strong interpersonal, problem-solving and communication (verbal & written) skills
- Ability to plan, organize and execute activities as required by the position
- Ability to attract and lead committee members